Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August 10th = Reading 0

I finished nothing of the Great Expectations yesterday, I don't think I read more than a page... I guess I better get on it today or I will never finish this silly book.

What I get so far from this "great literary work"? Not a whole lot. Other then a child named Pip who is raised by his not very friendly sister and her sweet (but beaten) husband Joe, spent one day playing at a Mrs. Havisham's home, and in turn realizing he wants more for himself then what is currently offered.

I am somewhat getting the impression that there is a lot of unnecessary parts of this book. However, there is also a good chance I am simply missing the point between the text. I am 25 years old, you would think I could read between the lines!

Note to self: Might be a good time to pick up the coles notes to follow along with.

No comments:

Post a Comment