Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Shipping News. Done.

So. I can say I have spent the last week waiting for something to happen in the plot of this book. And yet nothing did. There is this assumption in any novel that there is a plot. A Beginning. A Cilmax. An End. I felt there was a significantly missing climax.
Not to pick on our great Newfoundland, but come on, the main character Qouyle finds a severed head in a suitcase and nothing comes of it. It just kind of mentions it in passing. Then he finds the body to the severed head... and again you think that might make the book take an exciting turn. However, it would seem not.

I feel like the only way I got through this one was by expecting something to happen everytime I turned the page.

Oh well, you win some you lose some. On to The Shining. I am convinced Stephen King won't let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment